we will NOT 'fix' this in DeltaSpike as this is a clear bug in WAS-8.0.0.x. I
already reported this as bug via a PMR a year ago, and there IS a fix for it
available.
Please check the bugfix list with your IBM representative and upgrade to the
WAS version in which this is fixed.
I'm aware that this is not often an easy task as you first have to battle your
local ops team - but it is surely the best you can do.

LieGrue,
strub