> On Aug 6, 2020, at 8:40 AM, Andrew Wetmore <cottag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are several technologies that, once set up, make it remarkably easy to
> edit, expand, and publish your website.

A bit +1 for easy!!

Current process is a bit tricky.

> Infra uses Pelican and Buildbot, and I find 90% of the process invisible and
> almost instantaneous. Several projects use Hugo, with the same good usability.

Especially when it brings a good feature set.

OK, I’ll do a bit of of research into these.  I have a colleague, Maryanne, who
has also agreed to have a look and unlike me has expertise in CMS.  :-)

> If your repository is on Git, there are good continuous-integration features
> Infra has put in place and will help you deploy.

Currently, we use SVN for storing repo artifacts, although most of our
sub-projects have long used GIT for managing their source.

I’d definitely be in favor of moving to git for website artifacts.

Thanks,
—
Shawn