On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:22 AM Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 21:49, Kenneth Knowles <k...@apache.org> wrote:
> >    - should we (diversity@apache) take an active monitoring role so we
> see
> >    some of what happens on Jira, code review, and mailing lists? (is
> this just
> >    way too much?)
>
> Can you elaborate on this? Are you talking about watching the projects
> during the application process? During the mentoring process? General
> PMCs for their own processes? I'm not sure what scope to use here.

I mean during the mentoring process. As an extreme example, someone from
diversity@ could be assigned to a case and regularly look at public Jira,
GitHub, and dev@ searches for interactions related to the internship (or
whatever medium makes sense for the project). They could write some a
friction log/journal by proxy from the points of view of both the mentor
and intern. It might be interesting to see how an observer's understanding
of the situation differs from those experiencing it.

Kenn