David,

> Like your reply seems to suggest it will all depend on content but, news
> section about what is going on with some in-depth coverage to high-lite
> projects or a particular project in turn would be good.

don't underestimate the effort for such undertaking. If you plan to
have a regular release schedule you need to come up with fresh stuff
regularly. This will be a lot of work if you plan to do it yourself.

On the other hand, the OOo doc project would very much benefit
from tutorials, articles, and howtos of any kind. So if you have
made some progress in your planning, we should see how doc.oo.o
can tie into that, as a publication platform and/or by reusing
magazine content and integrate it to the docs portfolio.

I'd be happy to assist you in that reagard.

-f

--
Frank Peters, Documentation Project Co-Lead
The OOo Documentation Project: