David wrote:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CGUGKCB8
here is the link where my effort can be downloaded. I need some ideas on
a name and logo for the cover. I've written one article just to give a
feel so far the blank page will be editorial contents and info. I've
setup various page templates for layout just need to get some sort of
style guide for others to write articles.

Go to megaupload using the link above download the pdf let me know your
sugggestions through this list for now.

Just one immediate thought on the design: The colour bleed on pages 2 and 3 looks good but anyone who prints pages from the PDF might find their printer cuts off some of the "How To :: Address Envelopes" title at the top of page 3 and the page number box at the bottom of both pages. Increasing the space between the words (making the blue box taller) and the edge of the paper would help with this potential problem. Though I suppose a lot of people have PDF readers that can shrink pages a bit when printing them (especially to fit A4 pages like this PDF onto US-letter paper).

Sorry, I don't have any ideas for name and cover logo at the moment. It might be worth mentioning your plans on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list and/or the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list, as there are some very talented people there. Also, it seems to me that a magazine like this is (or could be) as much a marketing effort as a documentation effort.

Do you have someone lined up to review and copyedit the articles? If not, I hope some of the many people on this list who have said they are experienced copyeditors will step up and volunteer.

--Jean