> I'm failing in my search for bot information, so I'm still speculating
> in ignorance.  If a bot can read a wiki page, and compare the "next" and
> "previous" (and section) links (in the template call) to what it would
> expect from the TOC template...

The Wiki API allows you to retrieve a page from the Wiki database.  You
can do any manipulation you want on that text including scanning for
next and previous sections.  That's possible.  You could in theory build
a page based on this info... and then "put" it into the wiki.

Issues as I see it with this:
 - It's not dynamic.  You cannot (at least as far as I know) generate
the TOC on demand usig the WikiBot.  The Wikibot could build a page and
save it, essentially mimicking the actions of a person doing the same
tasks, but dynamic... although, there is at least one extension that can
create a dynamic page list...
 - You cannot (as it's currently implemented) tell if a next page is a
next top level section, or a next subsection (nested sections).

I'm sure these things can be solved...

it actually might not be best to use a WikiBot, but instead maybe a
custom built extension.

WikiBots basically are used to mimic human actions on the Wiki.. doing
mass moves, changing links or common text in a stack pf pages etc.
Extensions are used to add functionality to the Wiki... and mybe this is
a better route... worth looking more into both possibilites.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany