On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 19:51:32 -0700
Joshua Washington <[email protected]> wrote:
> This patch series includes a number of precursor changes to the GVE
> ethdev driver layer in preparation for introducing support for a new
> GVE Mailbox control plane (an alternative to the existing AdminQ control
> plane).
>
> The most major change in this series is the introduction of a new
> control_ops struct that will be used by both AQ and Mailbox for various
> operations which may need to communicate with the device. There are also
> some changes to how RSS and timestamping are handled in ethdev due to
> slight feature differences between the control planes.
The error code ENODATA is not portable.
Target: x86_64-native-bsdapp-gcc
FAILED: [code=1] drivers/libtmp_rte_net_gve.a.p/net_gve_gve_ethdev.c.o
gcc -Idrivers/libtmp_rte_net_gve.a.p -Idrivers -I../drivers -Idrivers/net/gve
-I../drivers/net/gve -I../drivers/net/gve/base -Ilib/ethdev -I../lib/ethdev
-Ilib/eal/common -I../lib/eal/common -I. -I.. -Iconfig -I../config
-Ilib/eal/include -I../lib/eal/include -Ilib/eal/freebsd/include
-I../lib/eal/freebsd/include -Ilib/eal/x86/include -I../lib/eal/x86/include
-Ilib/eal -I../lib/eal -Ilib/kvargs -I../lib/kvargs -Ilib/log -I../lib/log
-Ilib/metrics -I../lib/metrics -Ilib/telemetry -I../lib/telemetry
-Ilib/argparse -I../lib/argparse -Ilib/net -I../lib/net -Ilib/mbuf
-I../lib/mbuf -Ilib/mempool -I../lib/mempool -Ilib/ring -I../lib/ring
-Ilib/meter -I../lib/meter -Idrivers/bus/pci -I../drivers/bus/pci
-I../drivers/bus/pci/bsd -Ilib/pci -I../lib/pci -Idrivers/bus/vdev
-I../drivers/bus/vdev -fdiagnostics-color=always -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall
-Winvalid-pch -Wextra -Werror -std=c11 -O3 -include rte_config.h -Wvla
-Wcast-qual -Wdeprecated -Wformat -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs
-Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Wshadow -Wsign-compare
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wno-packed-not-aligned
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__BSD_VISIBLE -fPIC
-march=native -mno-avx512f -mrtm -DALLOW_EXPERIMENTAL_API -DALLOW_INTERNAL_API
-Wno-format-truncation -Wno-address-of-packed-member -Wno-vla
-DRTE_COMPONENT_CLASS=pmd_net -DRTE_COMPONENT_NAME=gve
-DRTE_LOG_DEFAULT_LOGTYPE=pmd.net.gve -MD -MQ
drivers/libtmp_rte_net_gve.a.p/net_gve_gve_ethdev.c.o -MF
drivers/libtmp_rte_net_gve.a.p/net_gve_gve_ethdev.c.o.d -o
drivers/libtmp_rte_net_gve.a.p/net_gve_gve_ethdev.c.o -c
../drivers/net/gve/gve_ethdev.c
../drivers/net/gve/gve_ethdev.c: In function 'gve_rss_update_cache':
../drivers/net/gve/gve_ethdev.c:227:33: error: 'ENODATA' undeclared (first use
in this function)
227 | return -ENODATA;
| ^~~~~~~