I applied Laurent's PR on top of latest Apache master branch, and hit
build failure:

"
This is likely due to you adding new dependencies to a java-exec and
not updating the excludes in this module. This is important as it
minimizes the size of the dependency of Drill application users.
...drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar size
(21000587) too large. Max. is 21000000
"

Turns out on 1.9.0, the jdbc.jar file is 20602586 and the latest
Apache master build has 20836922, which almost hit the threshold of
21000000.

20602586  jdbc-driver/drill-jdbc-all-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
20836922  jdbc-driver/drill-jdbc-all-1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Seems to me the increased size is due to the new code added in the
patch; the new commits do not added any new dependencies.

I'm going to bump up the threshold to 22000000, if people do not see
any problem with it.