Github user vdiravka commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1166

    @parthchandra I have compared meta of files from
`TestParquetWriter.testImpalaParquetBinaryAsTimeStamp_DictChange` and the meta
from Rahul's dataset and found that test case indeed makes a query from two
parquet files: one is dictionary encoded and other isn't. But the dataMode of
column is `Optional`, that's why `Nullable` column reader is used.
    Rahul's dataset contains `required` mode for INT96 column. This is a
difference. Therefore other non-nullable column reader is necessary.

    But I believe we have some mess in names of that column readers. Maybe to
make some refactoring would be a good point. What do you think? For example to
remove `Dictionary` prefixes from nested classes, but to leave it for top class
name.

---