Hi Abhishek,

Thanks a lot for your effort, test is very important for an open-source
project. Does the test framework allow to do performance test? Any doc about
that

发件人:Abhishek Girish <agir...@apache.org>
发送时间:2022年3月24日(星期四) 10:40
收件人:dev <dev@drill.apache.org>
抄 送:agozhiy <agoz...@apache.org>
主 题:Re: [VOTE] Adopt the Drill Test Framework from MapR

Hi all,

I'm fully supportive of this.

Years back, I led the effort to open-source this framework - for very
similar reasons. It was well received, but we realized it not being part of
the official Drill repo was not letting it realize it's full potential and
hence remained on the sidelines. It remains heavily used inside MapR/HPE,
but isn't part of our pre-commit or pre-release criteria. We discussed
making the test framework part of the apache/drill repo, but that wasn't
ideal, as it would have significantly added to the overall repo size and
footprint.

After looking at the Arrow Project, I had similar ideas as James now, to
create a set of repos - one for the test framework
(apache/drill-test-framework), one for a Jenkins env (apache/drill-jenkins)
and such. Only I didn't do anything about it then!

I discussed the current proposal with Anton & James - on ways to proceed.
Transferring the existing test framework repo ownership to Apache would
have been ideal, but it appears it's not straightforward. So I have to
abandon that plan. I think we should proceed with the plan of pushing a
clone of mapr/drill-test-framework to apache/drill-test-framework. And in
fact, I already did :)

https://github.com/apache/drill-test-framework is now live!

We'll plan to archive mapr/drill-test-framework and move all future
activity to apache/drill-test-framework

This is a big milestone. But there is more to be done (including for
example, creating the Jenkins repo - which can be very useful to schedule &
operate tests).

Regards,
Abhishek