On 02/03/18 03:23, Huxing Zhang wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the information.
> In that case, I am +1 for secur...@dubbo.apache.org.
>
> Further question: if the venerability report is related to some
> project Dubbo depends on, what kind of action should Dubbo security
> team take?
>
> Should we accepted, update to the fixed version, and then announce it?

Typically (the process can and does vary based on circumstances) we'd
redirect the reporter to the project with the vulnerability. Once that
project has fixed it, we'd update the dependency. Once that project
announces the vulnerability with a CVE reference, we'd announce that we
were vulnerable using the same CVE reference.

Figuring out where the root cause lies for a given vulnerability -
particularly across projects - can get 'interesting'.

On a related topic it is perfectly possible to depend on a project that
has a known vulnerability without being vulnerable (e.g. because we
don't use the affected functionality).

Mark