Hi,

I would like to clarify more on a wider range.

Dubbo will always trying to follow the ASF release policy as much as possible.

The reason why the group id remains com.alibaba is for compatibility
purpose. It might take some time for Dubbo to to change the group id
as well as package name, we've already had some idea, and the work is
expected to be done later.

While Dubbo has already had a very large user base, one of our primary
concern it to keep a stable release cycle, therefore a release with
existing group id is needed.

The maven artifact is the most significant for most of the Dubbo
users, so we want to include a maven artifact in the release. Since
ASF does not allow third-party coordinates to be published, so we
proposed to make the source (as well as binary) release to Apache
mirror system, and then publish the maven artifact to nexus with our
exiting approach.