Hi All,

Since java7 has been announced EOL long time before [1], I think we should
switch to Java 8. Once it's done, we can start to use FP, streaming API,
default interface and many other new features introduced since Java 8, and
make the code cleaner and faster.

But considering Dubbo is widely deployed, and some users may have not
switched to Java 8 yet, we should keep Java 7 support on branch 2.6.x, but
we should definitely switch the development activities on master branch and
fix severe bug only on branch 2.6.x.

What do you think?

Thanks,
-Ian.