Hi

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Huxing Zhang <hux...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think we need to decide whether we should change the groupID in the
> release or not.
>
> My main concern is:
>
> 1.  if we do not change the group id to org.apache.org, we can not
> publish the artifact to apache repository.
> 2.  if we do not change the group id, I don't know if it is allowed
> when graduation.
>
> There is another option, which is do it next time. But it depends on 2.

Good point! Personally I think 2.6.3 should be released without changing
groupID. This is a maintenance release  so it's expected to work by simply
updating version number. I wouldn't introduce major changes such as a
different groupID. Version 2.7.0 should be the candidate version for
graduation as it already satisfy the requirements to be a first-level
Apache project.
Finally after 2.7.0 is released I suggest to adopt semantic versioning (
https://semver.org/) and put major changes on a 3.x.x branch (or on master).

Regards.

--
Andrea Del Bene.