Hi

> - NOTICE is missing

From what I can see now, we need an NOTICE file, inside which we should mention
the codes copy of of the Caucho Hessian Project. Do you think would that change
be enough for the next round of release?

> It would be good to know more the history here and why this was done, where
> there talks with the Caucho and they gave permission to do this? Or are some
> of those developers involved here?

The hessian-lite module has already exist long before Dubbo joined ASF,  I am
not sure if the original developers who did this still active in the mailing
list, so it’s hard to tell the whole story. But I think at least something is
sure about why we need to maintain a separate copy:
1. The Caucho Hessian community[1], we’ve seen its activity in a very low level
for a really long time. To meet requirements we do have to maintain a copy
inside our community.
2. Hessian works as a serialization protocol in Dubbo and has been widely used
by users. It’s the core part of an RPC framework, most users will stay on
Hessian and won’t change.

>  are some of those developers involved here?

I remember Xin Wang in our community has tried to contact the Caucho Hessian
community for some reasons months ago. Maybe he can give more information on
that.

1. http://hessian.caucho.com/

Jun