Hi -

(With my mentor hat.)

Apologies for the late reply. I am fine for this to happen. It is not
unprecedented.

For example, the Apache OpenOffice PMC was able to continue using
openoffice.org since it already had a huge user base. While much of the domain
is hosted on ASF infrastructure including PMC maintained VMs hosted on ASF
Infra, a few subdomains like templates.openoffice.org is actually hosted via
CNAME on sourceforge.net.

What Infra and Greg would like to see is the PPMC members discussing whether
they have trouble with Baidu hosting a resource a particular subdomain.

Regards,
Dave