OK, so mvn install -Papache-release generates the source release bundle zip.

I poked around for a while but couldn’t come up with the incantation
needed to start excluding things from the zip.  e.g., the zip includes
all of the residual gradle generated **/build/

Chris, can you enhance the configs so as to exclude the various
things that the gradle build was configured to exclude?
See top level build.gradle/srcReleaseTarGz task.
Also exclude src/site (that present in the zip too), right?

The generated zip’s name is:
      target/edgent-parent-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-source-release.zip

“edgent-parent” ?  today we, I thought correctly, have “apache-edgent” there.
Also, the required “incubating” is missing in the release bundle name.

Thanks,
— Dale