Ok … so I’m working on the open issues … I do have one question though …
Compiling with one java version and then running a different one with the tests
will be challenging, if not impossible.
What I did a while ago was to introduce the animal-sniffer plugin. This very
strictly checks the resulting class files against the signatures for a given
JDK to ensure the classes would work in that particular JDK. Would this be
enough for you? It’s what we settled for in the Flex project. In the past we
did have to re-release stuff because even if we compiled to output 1.7 code,
the code wasn’t runnable on 1.7. Since introducing the animal-sniffer plugin we
never had problems like this again.

Chris