David,

There is, at least, substantial apathy about git on the part of the
sub-communities that work on some of the sub-projects. In my view,
this apathy, including perhaps a bit of antipathy, sunk the discussion
of just converting as one big repo. As I see it, Felix is a bit of a
loose confederation, and Ray's suggestion is consistent with letting
each of the tribes make up its own mind.

At least, that's how I read the recent email messages (and lacks of
email messages).

--benson