Hi David L,

Recently I added the 'as()' method to the converter, which is really meant
to disambiguate source objects. Let's say you have an object that is both a
JavaBean as well as implementing an interface. The Converter spec will
specify some 'priority' rules for this, but they may not always be what you
want. The as() method can be used to treat the source object in a
particular way.

For example, let's say your MyClass extends MyBean implements Intf1
Let's say you want to force the converter to look at an instance of MyClass
as Intf1.

You could then do
  converter.convert(myobj).as(Intf1.class).to(Map.class)

Would it help to use this for the DTO+methods as well?
You might have:

Class PlainDto {
  public String foo;
}

Class DtoWithMethods extends PlainDto {
  public int someMethod() {}
}

And then maybe use these via:
  converter.convert(myDtoWithMethods).as(PlainDTO.class).to(Map.class)
?

It would require a separate class that follows the pure DTO rules...

Cheers,

David