Hi again

I want to highlight the design of some of the microservices under the
mojaloop.io project as being useful for the mifos/fineract payments gateway
thinking.

You can read about the Simple Payment Setup Protocol (SPSP) here:
https://github.com/LevelOneProject/Docs/blob/master/Discovery.md

To translate - in this description, the DFSP (digital financial service
provider) could be running Mifos/Fineract as a payments bank, retail bank,
microfinance institution, mobile money operator, or other regulated
entity.

For sending funds:  Discovery of the receiver is a key element of how to
properly go from one closed loop system to another.  This is analogous to a
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (from which it gets its inspiration).  Thus,
a third party payments -processor is NOT strictly needed.

So, the implication for the design work here is that we abstract the
connection to a MifosX component (or microservice in Fineract CN) that is
an endpoint for these types of processes:  discovery being separate.

Reactions?

James