Hi Markus,

Thanks for your replies.

For the rest of the community,

While I know that with the previous iteration of self-service apps, we
focused on implementing the back-end first and then allowing front-end use
cases to follow, a good approach this time around would be to get some
solid client-facing use cases identified and then design the back-end and
integration with the data to support those use cases. Nayan from RuPie has
shared some initial use cases he has. I'm working with a Mifos volunteer,
Sundari Swami, to flesh these out further but wanted to share the initial
use cases Nayan had presented to stimulate further discussion on what the
best approach to supporting a client-facing app on Apache Fineract CN that
would support adequately:

>From customer side

UC 1. Client signup with basic data, and spot verification either with OTP
to mobile number or Aadhaar verification
UC 2. Customer can enter customer's other details like address, family,
work, income/expense details, once this data is verified from back office,
customer can't edit any of these data
UC 3. Apply for loans
UC 4. Repay EMI
UC 5. Preclose his/her loans
UC 6. Log support request
UC 7. Upload documents like photo of electricity bills, voter id, passport
etc, once documents are verified and accepted from back office customer
cab't edit , delete the verified documents, but customer can upload new
documents

>From organization point of view

UC 1, Offer loan products based below criteria

   - Location ( Example, Bengaluru has P1 and P2 products where as jaipur
   has P2 and P3 products )
   - Based on customer work profile ( for salaried person offer personal
   loans, for business person offer working capital )
   - based gander, income etc

UC 2. User management, (In Rupie's case they have around six thousand self
service users, need effective user management suite, search user, user
activity tracking etc)
- So user management has to be a lot more robust than user management from
the perspective of staff users.
UC 3.  Push ad-hoc/rule based/event based notification to users

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative