Dear Dev Community,

This is my first post to this list and I apologize if the content of this
message is not appropriate.

I am from Nepal and here the official Calendar System in widespread use is
still exclusively a Hindu calendar system called Vikram Samvat. I am trying to
get Mifos to be usable in Nepal and this is one of the major hurdle that is
impeding adoption.

I am trying to determine what kind of Calendar Date/Time architecture/module
Mifos X has so as to localize this aspect of the software faithfully and
seamlessly; Whether the module is pluggable so that we could just plug in
Vikram Samvat based calendar system(if it exists) or any other Calendar system,
and we would be good to go.

Determining or making the architecture pluggable and having a slot to
accommodate different kinds of Calendar/Date/Time system may only be one of a
few related problems in this problem set. On the other side, I am not even sure
if Nepal has a reliable computational Calendar library to plugin for Vikram
Samvat.

I know there exists an approach that some local developers have been using to
address Calendar solutions for Vikram Samvat. From what I know these systems
are made not with pure algorithmic approach(thus scalable into the future) but
by using pre-calculated data set of dates. These set of dates range between
arbitrary(?) past and future dates. The authority that publishes the pre
calculated dates and the legitimacy of their calculations may also be
questionable. I have done some research on this and I will share more of my
findings soon.

I would really appreciate any help localizing Mifos X in this manner. It would
be a huge win for Nepali adoption of Mifos X. I will assist in any ways I can,
so please ask questions, share your insights and discuss.

Thank You immensely for all your hard work. You all are all simply amazing.

Regards,

Yalu