I did some more testing that I’ll document in the next few days.

I think the issue is that JSDOM has no concept of window.sessionStorage. Which
ever process calls the function I wrote breaks with a Type Error undefined, but
if the function is pulled out of the context of getInitialSettings it looks
like we get an error specific to sessionStorage. I’ve tried pulling in some
add’l npm packages meant to define storage elements, but haven’t had success
yet. Then again, haven’t had bandwidth to try really hard yet.

Thanks Rob. More findings soon.

Joshua Poore