Having not received any corrective actions on our quarterly report. I
have posted it on the wiki website . Mentors, please jump into the
wiki and give sign off. Thanks!
On 9/22/2019 11:22 PM, lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
+1 on the report.
... honestly Josh, I think it is really time for the Flagon PPMC to
consider drafting a graduation resolution. Recent releases prove that
the release process and quality of source code artifacts are no longer
We just need to following
On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 20:10 Joshua C. Poore <poor...@apache.org
It's that time again. Please review the following Apache Flagon
(Incubating) podling report. Please post any comments, concerns in
this thread. Reports are due for posting on the IPMC Wiki  NLT
For convenience, I am posting the report as txt pasted below.
However, a .md version of the report can be found on our wiki .
Please be sure to review 2019_Q3_FLAGON_report.md.
Josh (Flagon PPMC)
--Report Text (.md)--
#Apache Flagon (Incubating) `Apache Flagon` is a generalized user
behavioral logging platform for web pages and thin-client applications
`Apache Flagon` (formerly Apache SensSoft) has been incubating since
####Three most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation: 1. Grow the`Apache Flagon` Committer/Contributor/Community Base
around our core product Apache UserALE.js (Incubating)
2. Refactor core analytic product`Apache Flagon Distill`, as content driver
to increase user/committer base
3. Complete the issues highlighted at the`Apache Flagon` Roadmap ####Any
issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board
wish/need to be aware of? `Apache Flagon` would like to thank its new
Mentors for their enthusiasm and engagement. Where in previous quarters, Flagon
had challenges receiving critical mentor guidance through key transitions
(e.g., copyright clearance, name change).
Our current mentors-`Lewis McGibbney`,`Dave Meikle`,`Tim Allison`,`Furkan
Kamaci`-have been extremely helpful in providing guidance, accessible for
release review, and in product steerage.
####How has the community developed since the last report? The community
* continued improving release processes and code base to expedite future
releases[3,4] * continued to generate a wide user base
* discussed with external parties research applications with university
research labs in machine learning and social computing
* the community has organically grown with a new contributor, who is
participating in VOTEs
* the community has begun planning a refactoring of the Distill product
which will distribute highly desirable user monitoring content and spur
community growth and adoption
####How has the project developed since the last report? * Completed major
updates to website and repositories following name change
* Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and version release plans (JIRA)
continue to be maintained.
* JIRA boards continue to be maintained.
* Core product source code for front-end and back-end assets has been
steadily maintained and modernized.
* Analytical products are being refactored as of the date of this report
* Continued attention and improvement in Apache Process and Documentation
####How would you assess the podling's maturity? Please feel free to add
your own commentary.
[X] Initial setup
[X] Working towards first release
[X] Community building
[ ] Nearing graduation
[ ] Other:
####Date of last release: * 2019-08-21 Apache Flagon UserALE.js
* 2019-07-01 Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) 2.0.0
* 2019-06-21 Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) 1.0.0 (ReRelease)
####When were the last committers or PPMC members elected? Furkan Kamaci
Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17
####Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things
falling through the cracks? Things are on track and our community is
becoming more self-sufficient. See above comment about improvements in
####Signed-off-by: [ ] (flagon)`Lewis John McGibbney` Comments:
[ ] (flagon)`Dave Meikle` Comments:
[ ] (flagon)`Tim Allison` Comments:
[ ] (flagon)`Furkan Kamaci` Comments: