Personally would err towards more frequent rather than less frequent.
Isn't that the intent behind CI/CD ... "continuous" rather than batch.

Esp. dependency bumps can coincide with security vulnerability fixes?
Wouldn't we want those incorporated ASAP?

We would even need to check.  I *think* there might be something where we
can't allow bots to auto-merge code?  But would need to check ASF policy.

Human in the loop for a final merge not particularly contentious.  But,
ideally we continue to find ways to get computers to do the verification [
ex: integration, and even functional tests ] as part of the
build/test/deployment pipelines.

Also: We are talking about code in Git, which is reversible.  Much
different and potentially lower stakes than other autonomous systems [ ex:
weapons ].