Hi all,

I have been developing on Flex for quite some time. Looking at the work
you guys have been busy doing, I feel Flex may still find way out to be
best UI development SDK. One big question in my mind is what happens to
MAPS, Google as we know holds the best and most updated data of world
wide maps, and POI information.

They are going to disable the Maps Flash API by Sep. 2014. This is a
real downplay for business applications. However if we see flex as
simply a game/animation development SDK, it would be ok. But there are
serious business apps that were built for business users. These business
users are all shifting to mobile devices ipads and other tablets.

I guess mobile devices may get targeted via AIR apps, but still the
integration of some free qualified maps API either Google, ESRI or other
provider would really be a big help.

My thoughts, I would appreciate some other opinions and perspectives.

Regards,
Raman S.