Oh,  what the hell I'm typing, I'm typing drunk... Let me rephrase what I
just said earlier:

Flex currently, already has it's own language features that exist in MXML
which came to be known to most people as Flex. I get to ask a lot of people
mostly web developers what they know about Flex and most people think Flex
is a different language/platform rather than an SDK or a framework for
Flash. I think this a common misconception going around the community of
web developers.. at least from where am at. I don't have the numbers but on
my end that's how I see it. Thinking of this misconception going around,
sticking with Flex as a name for an Actionscript version with added
features would be great.

Flex is already halfway to become a full programming language of it's own
with it's own markup language based on XML, adding features on top of
Actionscript is going all the way.