On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:57 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

> I sent a screenshot of PrintUI to Infoworld, and apps like that would be nice
> to have in a showcase.

Thanks.

> One thing I've been pondering is that what the killer showcase app would be.
> Even PrintUI requires a healthy wait at startup (at least at home over DSL)
> and the task to perform takes "a while" so most folks won't really try it to
> completion and get a good feel for what it can do.

Yeah. App startup time is always a struggle. With PrintUI the biggest wait is
very often waiting for fonts to load. Depending on the template that can add up
to a couple of MB of data or more…

There's a few optimizations I still plan on doing there, and if we had a
sizable persistent cache, that would help tons at least on subsequent app loads…

Harbs