This is degenerating into a discussion that should probably move to the user
list, but…

TLF is a must, but the whole TLF library shouldn't be more than 180-190 KB.

Nothing like Datagrid is being used. I have a bunch of RichEditableText
components that I will probably factor out. That might help… On an aside, it
seems to me that the text components (even the spark ones) are pretty bloated
and over-engineered. I'm thinking of making some lightweight components for my
own purposes. Does anyone else see a need for lightweight versions?

The only two mx components being used is ColorPicker and Alert. With the newest
release, I should be able to replace those two. I do have one Canvas component
in use because I couldn't get the behavior I needed with BorderContainer. Maybe
I'll revisit that. The odd thing was that switching to "Spark only" did not
bring up any errors for the Canvas component.