On Feb 10, 2013, at 6:30 PM, Alex Harui wrote:

>> Like I said, there are palettes that can be loaded as modules. It might or
>> might not help. The "image" is actually multiple objects rendered as Flex
>> components. Text is a customized RichEditableText component. (That's being
>> changed soon to a completely custom component due to limitations in
>> RichEditableText and our rendering requirements.) Images are compound
>> components with sub-elements, same goes for native objects.
> The "image" took several seconds to show up for me, so I think you could
> stick its widgets in a module, then it wouldn't delay the initial frame and
> you could post a progress bar.  Or you could post a bitmap of the "image"
> and bring in the live version later.

That's something to think about. I'm not sure downloading a preview of the page
is worthwhile. The biggest reason for the delay is usually downloading fonts.
The number of fonts downloaded before the page is rendered depends heavily on
the individual documents. I have plans on optimizing the font loading and at
least giving some visual feedback of what's going on… ;-)