commit is like SVN, you are making a commit in your *local* repo.

When GIT will became RW, you will be able to "push" to the remote repo
sharing your changes.

In Git you have a fully functional local repo, and there's a shared one
remotely while in SVN there's only one remotely...

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología