On 5/6/13 6:19 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 6, 2013 2:17 PM, "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you see a stack trace with a function ending with _c() or _i(), that's
>> sign that the old FB MXMLC compiler was the last thing to compile that SWF
>> and you have to run the external tool again.
>>
>> -Alex
>
> I got this same error as well.  I was convinced that I had done something
> wrong.  I think that the 'build automatically' setting keeps writing the
> wrong version in the bin directory.

My personal workflow is to leave "build automatically' checked.  That way,
as I type, FB is constantly checking that I have all of the pieces correct.
Then, I have to remember to run the external tool to build the SWF before
hitting the 'debug' button.  That works 99% of the time, but every once in a
while, FB goes and runs another compile.  I think it happens on startup,
open and close of projects and export release builds and probably more.

It will be a lot of work to integrate the compilers into FB.  I am
considering building independent eclipse "builders' instead.  But I am also
hoping IntelliJ folks try to integrate FlexJS/FalconJS with their tools as I
think they might have an easier time than FB.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team