On 9/9/15, 3:12 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoubl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>One thing I discovered though is that with Falcon, the combination of
>getter / setter for a same function at package level is not supported
>(the legacy compiler support it):
>
>package goog.events {
>public function get fireListener():Function{return null;}
>public function set fireListener(value:Function):void{}
>}
>
>Error: An externally-visible definition with the name
>'goog.events.fireListener' was unexpectedly found.
>
>Can you take care of it or drive me into fixing it ?

That’s interesting.  I’ve never seen a ‘global’ property in AS before.  If
you want to try to fix it, what I would do is set a breakpoint in
CompilerProblem.java.  Then you’ll see on the call stack what logic
decided to generate that error and can try to add other logic to accept it
in this case.

Speaking of doing things like that, it occurred to me recently that
ambiguous definition errors when the global Event class conflicts with
org.apache.flex.events.Events could be handled by adjusting the logic for
detecting ambiguous definitions.  IIRC, the logic resolves the “Event” and
if it finds more than one definition it generates the error.  The logic
could be adjusted to see if one of the definitions is a global definition
and then use the global and maybe additionally generate a warning instead
of an error.
BTW, it looks like this week and next will be spent on getting a release
out the door, then I hope to work on this port from JS to AS.