While webgl is really cool, getting rendering consistent between browsers is
really challenging to say the least. This example renders very nicely in
Chrome, but Firefox messes up the display (both of the colors and the
rotation), and Safari would not even load it at all.

I think it would be really great to have a webgl output option, but I don’t
think all efforts should go that way. Most web apps do not have enough complex
rendering to require webgl. Classic DOM still makes a lot of sense in a lot of
cases.

Harbs