I've been finding the README files - the very first thing I look at - to
be very confusing for someone trying to get into this project. There are
things listed as "optional" which are required and the emphasis on using
git at the top of the README always makes me wonder why I would even use a
distribution package at all. Isn't the point of a release to have things
in a tidy package for people to pull down and use as-is?

I understand that this is all intertwined and putting everything together
in one giant thing may not be practical, but you really cannot just get
one of these projects and use it, so I think the README should be
painfully clear about the best way to get everything if you either want to
use just binaries or if you want to use only sources.

Further, with the heavy dependence on other Apache Flex projects, it is
unclear whether someone should go find their release packages or just use
git. And if I do use git to get the required other projects, which
branches do I use? For instance, if I look at the flex-sdk repo, I only
see two branches, develop and master. Shouldn't there be a
"release-4.15.0" branch? I know there has been discussion about this, but
it is probably time to settle on a structure and release policy.

I would hate to have someone attempt to get into Flex and just throw their
hands up in confusion and walk away.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project