Hi Peter,

so cool! I just created the pom.xml and fill the licenses to build with
maven. Run the example and check the code. I still eating that food to be
able to comment, but seems what I expect :)

So many thanks, I'll be playing with it in the following days to apply to
MDL components

I think Alex and you has some issue that you want to work on, I'll be
incorporating whatever upgrade you made. I think this is an important
component where the power of flex comes clearly and if we could get as
simpler as possible that will be great.

Thanks!

Carlos

> This seems mostly right to me.  The top-level component is aggregating the
> interfaces onto itself.  More inline...
>
> On 12/2/16, 12:41 PM, "Peter Ent" <p...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >GenericListView does not extend ListView because that leads to this
> >nesting business we are trying to avoid. Instead, it just extends
> >BeadViewBase and implements IListView (so it can provide the dataGroup for
> >the itemRenderer factory which will be the strand/GenericList itself).
> >This class makes sure the itemRenderer factory bead is installed and
> >listens for changes to the dataProvider in the model.
>
> Isn't the real issue that it is ContainerView that ListView extends that
> makes the assumption that it has to add a viewport to the strand?  I think
> that's ok though.  As Harbs said in another thread, or maybe upthread,
> there will be Container views for heavy containers with inner content
> areas and Container views for lightweight containers without inner content
> areas.  The current ContainerView is the heavy one.  You have probably
> just written the lightweight one or can factor it out of your
> GenericListView.  Might be time to rename the current ContainerView to
> ContainerWithContentAreaView and make the lighter one the new
> ContainerView.
>

> >Finally, I had to copy DataItemRendererFactoryForArrayData into a new
> >class because it explicitly references the org.apache.flex.html.List class
> >in order to pass along the labelField to each itemRenderer. This, to me,
> >is a problem that needs to be addressed. I probably wrote this originally,
> >but now it must be revisited and corrected.
>
> In theory, the labelField should be in the model and retrieved from there.
>
> My 2 cents,

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05