FWIW, MXML cannot set constructor arguments.  All components instantiated
via MXML must have no constructor arguments or optional constructor
arguments.

I still think the lifecycle should be able to tell you whether an addChild
is happening "dynamically" or not.  Has that been explored and abandoned?