Hi - just saw this (Sunday morning here).

When you use the "flexible" layouts, you don't need percent sizing. If you
do put explicit or percent sizing in, the layout code (SWF side) probably
won't do the right thing with it and I'd have to see what HTML does with
it.

I'm still understanding the HTML sizing and layout process. The
feature/chart-work has better - but by no means perfect - layouts. I've
been looking at several examples, like the Tour, and finding small things
to change in the code to make the layouts better.

On the JS-side, the VerticalFlexLayout, HorizontalFlexLayout,
OneFlexiableChild*, etc layouts ALL use CSS Flexbox in one way or another.
If you don't care about making your app work on the SWF side, consider
always using Groups and putting your sizing and styling into CSS, just as
you would if you were writing the code in HTML/JS rather than MXML/AS.
Container, layouts, etc. are all really for the SWF side; their JS code
bits just go and change various style settings so you don't have to it in
CSS.

If you want a column with one child taking up the majority of the space,
then make sure the container will have an

We may have more complex layouts that would have to be written in JS, so
the layout "engine" is designed to do that.

One thing that did change is that layouts no longer resize their container
when you have size-to-fit. That is, if you do:

<js:VContainer>
   <js:TextButton text="Button 1" etc />
   <js:TextButton text="Button 2" etc />
</js:VContainer>

The VerticalLayout will not resize the Container to fit the content. The
Container (actually, GroupView), will do that after it runs the layout. So
if you are seeing that a container is NOT sizing to fit its content -
that's a bug. I have however, found cases in HTML where a DIV will not
size to fit its content. Still not 100% sure on those cases, yet.

Thanks for trying this out and a big Thank You for your patience.

Peter