I have assumption after digging into that farther that we will not be able to
make the rest of steps from the instruction.

Release plugin used in maven build is assuming that on startup you have
1) Branch with Snapshot
2) You are creating from that branch another one - This one is for release
(in most cases it is a Tag)

We have already branch.

I see following options:

1) Revert the changes by doing section from the instruction
"Now if the vote doesn't pass, the release process needs to be reverted. "
2) Build branch locally and deploy artifacts manually - how to do this ?

That's my thoughts.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC