Hi,

> You cut my previous reply which means I need to repeat.

Why is that? All modern email clients support threaded messages. so people
should be able to see my email and your original in context. When replying
repeating the whole email is generally frowned upon. Sorry if I cut too much
out as finding the middle ground can sometimes be tricky.

Rereading your message perhaps rather than "The singular code smell” you meant
"This singular code smell”? That line in your email isn’t entirely clear.

> You called out changes since 0.8. And I only looked at the change since in
> Sonar. I took about 5 minutes, a very superficial check.
>
> My point in general was the the recent changes do look pretty clean.

I’m not sure I would call this clean as it added 5,300 odd code smalls (a 41%
increase to the total) and 89 days of technical debt. [1] The new code had a
technical debt rating of 19.5% when the technical debt of existing code was
around 2-3% so that probably indicates something has changed.

We’re still getting a “A” for matainability as we have a lot of small files
with smallish amount of TD [2], but that could slip into B (5-10%) or even C
(10-20%) fairly quickly if new changes keep at the current TD rate.

Of course people have different options of what is clean and what isn’t and a
lot of what Sonar is reporting isn't going to matter so I would certainly
wouldn't take those numbers too literally.

1.https://builds.apache.org/analysis/component_issues?id=org.apache.flex.flexjs.framework%3Aflexjs-framework-parent#resolved=false|types=CODE_SMELL|sinceLeakPeriod=true
2.
https://builds.apache.org/analysis/component_measures/domain/Maintainability?id=org.apache.flex.flexjs.framework%3Aflexjs-framework-parent