> The js-output-type, library-path and external-library-path options are
probably not needed

I would get rid of -js-output-type. I assume that -targets takes
precedence, but just to be safe, you shouldn't use both. -js-output-type is
necessary for 0.7.0, but switch entirely to -targets with 0.8.0.

> It would be nice to have full support for the new compiler options

html-template, html-output-filename, js-compiler-option,
js-external-library-path, js-library-path, swf-external-library-path,
swf-library-path, and remove-circulars should all work in the
compilerOptions field if you're using the latest vscode-nextgenas 0.4.4 and
asconfigc 0.5.1. I just updated asconfigc to support these options last
week, and I haven't made an official announcement yet, so you might have
missed that one.

I think there may be one or two you'll still need to put into
additionalOptions, but you should be able to switch over most of them.

> 1. I’m getting “problems” even for files which are not used in my project
and are not open.

This is something I'm aware of in VSCode. The compiler seems to greedily
load everything that exists in a source path, even if you don't actually
use it. Personally I like this, but even if I were to make it an option
somehow, I'm not aware of a way to stop the compiler from working that way
either.

> 2. I’m getting lots of errors which are specific to SWF-only output:

I just glanced through the part of VSCode that passes options to the
compiler for code intelligence (different from the way that asconfigc runs
the compiler to build), and I don't think I'm actually using the value of
-targets. It's probably defaulting to SWF. I'll play around with that to
see if I can improve things when -targets is specifically JSFlex.

>   a. I’m not getting JS specific classes recognized.

Just to be clear, are you referring to DOM classes like HTMLButtonElement
and other browser APIs here? I just want to be sure so that I test the
right thing when I make changes.

- Josh