One thing I’m curious about:

Why does the Google compiler not rename style properties even when we use dot
notation? Is it because the object is owned by an external HTMLElement object?
I’d like to get a better grasp on when Object typed variables are renamed and
when not. I’ve taken to using bracket notation pretty exclusively (at least for
object literals) because I never know when they will be renamed. I’d like to
understand this better.