Hi,

> event.clone() is wrong for FlexJS. It’s event.cloneEvent()

Which if you actually looked none of those 8 examples include a cloneEvent
method either.

It looks to me that FielEventError, FileEvent, ContextMenuEvent and Focus event
are missing close methods and probably require them. TodoListEvent should also
probably have one. Intent wise it not clear if ProductFilterEvent (both of
them) need it but I'd say this code in ProductListEvent certainly needs one:

   //making the default bubbles behavior of the event to true since we want
   //it to bubble out of the ProductListItem and beyond
   public function ProductListEvent(type:String, bubbles:Boolean=true,
cancelable:Boolean=false)
   {
       super(type, bubbles, cancelable);
   }

Note the comment, the default of bubbles to true but no cloneEvent method.

Would you not agree that some (if not all) of these need fixing?

> A lot of the rules fly in the face to current convention in the SDK.

Which ones in particular?

> Some (such as returning from a constructor) are actually enforced by the
> compiler so the rule is not needed.

If that the case there no harm in having them on as there should be no
violations right?

> Feel free to do what you want to SonarQube now, but don’t make any changes
> based on the reports.

You are free to review any commits and I make and veto any them on their
technical merits. You are not free to revert any changes without discussion or
a veto. Everyone is free to scratch their own itch here and the tools you use
to find any issues should be irrelevant.