I feel like I'm not grasping some concept. Seems to be that

a) you would want at least two points in a MouseEvent: the screen position
and the local position that is relative to the event.target. You could
derive one from the other but why go through that hassle when both
platforms provide that, as far as I can tell.
b) you would want to know other conditions such as which button is used,
if it is up, down, or moved (either with or without a button pressed), if
any keyboard key was also pressed at the same time.

I don't see why computations need to be made unless some value in one
platform is unavailable and needs to be calculated, but I don't see any
that fall into this category.

Having FlexJS MouseEvent extend a platform event class seems to have it
drawbacks, but it also makes the event work in the current system, so I
would let that go.

What's disturbing is that events like Mouse and Keyboard and pretty
fundamental and it seems very late in the game that we are discussing
this. I can probably do what I need to do with DnD with what's there, but
it is just exposing a fundamental issue to me.

‹peter