Note that we can and have given out Apache Flex wiki edit access to
non-committers.

If the plan is to move this content to Apache someday, it is prudent to
make sure contributors have agreed to that before contributing.  Having
this work contributed directly to the Apache Flex wiki implies that
agreement.

So, I think folks have to decide whether there is some logistical or
technical advantage to having this content created outside of Apache on a
different wiki technology or not.  It is important that good doc exists
within the project.  I think I've seen projects get in trouble for
pointing folks outside of Apache for the "recommended" doc.  But that does
not mean that other folks cannot create better content outside of Apache
and make money writing books and other learning content.

My 2 cents,
-Alex