Hi,

I would guess that all the issue are git config issues.

git config —list will give you a list of your settings.

> I think I just verified that the binary artifacts are ok regarding the
> non-ascii characters.  I think that's because they are correct in the
> repo, and were compiled into bundles from that repo source.  I'm not sure
> when the files get screwed up.

When they are checked out I think that’’s happening.

I notice I have in my config:
core.precomposeunicode=false

Re the newline issue I have:
core.autocrlf=false

> I also ran installer.xml in the binary artifact and found that the scripts
> aren't executable.  I looked in the build.xml and installer.xml and do not
> see any calls to chmod that would fix that, like there is in the FlexJS
> versions of those files.  There are some indications from the archives
> that this also has been a problem for as far back as 4.12.

Again git will preserve the execute bit of a file I remember doing this ages
ago for the .sh files in question

And I think you need this set to preserve it n checkout.
core.filemode=true