Alex,

I understand what is all about with chmod as it was in FlexJS (not sure
which file should be converted), but I would like to leave it as is now.
Unfortunately I don't understand your last sentence:

"I was hoping the source files would be valid on Windows, but I just
checked and even there they are not.  I'm guessing that Piotr's default
character encoding for Windows where he lives is different than US
Windows.  I'm not sure there is a workaround to convert those files back
to UTF8 or not.  But given they don't look right in US Windows systems,
unless there is an easy workaround, it might be a good idea to fix this
issue in another RC."

I just pushed RC2, where I have checkouted once again whole repository
having all files unchanged in case of line endings. Now sh scripts are
runnable on Mac. I just run also installer.xml and it's working. I will
wait for Justin's look into the pushed RC2 before I officially cut it.

Thanks, Piotr

> On 11/13/17, 6:27 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justinmcl...@me.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >> Is the DateChooser problem from your local build of the sources or from
> >> the RC binary artifacts?
> >
> >A local built from the compiled source bundled I've not tested the binary
> >yet but given it was made from the source release I would expect it to
> >show the same issues. Or are you saying that the binary artefact was not
> >made from the code in the source release?
>
> The binaries are not created by first creating the source package,
> unpacking it and compiling it.  You were a Flex SDK RM at least once, did
> you not understand what you were signing?  The build builds the sources it
> got from the repo and assumes that the copy to the temp folder to create
> the source package will not modify the files, but it looks like at least
> on Windows, Ant will change the character encoding in the copy unless you
> use JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS.  That is something we should figure out how to
> prevent in the future, either by documenting how to prevent character
> encoding changes or by changing the build script.  And in my tests, the
> binary artifact did work correctly.
> >
> >Either way it's the source that’s the offical release and it seems
> >unusual to release a broken source release even if the binary did work.
>
> I was hoping the source files would be valid on Windows, but I just
> checked and even there they are not.  I'm guessing that Piotr's default
> character encoding for Windows where he lives is different than US
> Windows.  I'm not sure there is a workaround to convert those files back
> to UTF8 or not.  But given they don't look right in US Windows systems,
> unless there is an easy workaround, it might be a good idea to fix this
> issue in another RC.

Piotr Zarzycki