Hi,

> Perhaps the SharedResources.properties has been incorrectly converted to
> UTF-8 when it actually should be ISO-8859? (The pound sign is character 163.)
> Perhaps we have a mix of text encodings for resource files?

Answer yes and it’s a bit of a mess.

In version control we have resource files with:
ASCII text
ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
ASCII text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
ASCII text, with no line terminators
ASCII text, with very long lines
ISO-8859 text
SVG XML document
UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) text
UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) text, with CRLF line terminators
UTF-8 Unicode text
UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines
UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines, with CRLF line terminators
directory

In the 4.16.1 RC we have:
ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
ASCII text, with no line terminators
ASCII text, with very long lines, with CRLF line terminators
SVG XML document
UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) text, with CRLF line terminators
UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines, with CRLF line terminators
directory

So some conversion has gone on and that is going to explain the differences.
Note that some of the files also have the BOM (byte order mark).

One of the ISO-8859 files just happened to contain the en_GB currency symbol.