I think starting with Ufuk's draft, de-cluttering it is a good start.

 - Having a more prominent tag line
 - Add some pictures for features back
 - align the content as per Felix' suggestion

That should give us a faster quick overview, but keep some serious content
in the starting page.

I especially like that we have the stack figure and the recent blog posts
on the new website - that we should keep no matter what.